Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view certain country-specific information below.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to HOF’s website or would like to find out more about how we collect, store and use your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com.
We Protect Your Information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information.
Types of Information Collected
HOF collects any information that you provide us when you use our website. By default, you visit our website anonymously. When visiting our website, we do collect technical information about your visit such as the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), the length of visit, as well as the pages viewed and a host of other similar information.
While you can visit most pages on our website without giving us any information about yourself (i.e., name, email address, and contact information), there are instances where you can choose to provide us with your Personal Information (e.g., when you request a brochure, when you purchase goods and services from us or use services or products offered by us, enter a sweepstakes, submit inquiries to us or in order to receive news, special offers and general information about our services and events that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information). This information may include the following:
- account registration information, including your name, gender, date and month of birth, age group, title, contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile), postal address and email address;
- billing and transaction information (if you make a purchase from us);
- shipping information (if you make a purchase from us);
- records of correspondence between you and us; and
- ·optional information about your marital status, occupation, personal monthly income, personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further information about our products and services.
We use the information we collect and receive from you to provide you with requested services, to communicate with you, and to fulfill your specific requests. For example, we use e-mail addresses to communicate with you regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us. We may also use your e-mail to share information about HOF products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional messages from us at any time. For additional information regarding opt-outs, please refer to the “Your Choices” section below. Your Personal Information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your consent, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
We do employ third parties who act on our behalf to help us manage and analyze this data but they are required to keep this data confidential. They also can only use the information for the specific services we ask them to perform and they must inform us of any theft of it.
Who Will Your Personal Information Be Shared With?
Personal Information collected on the website may be shared with:
- Employees internally within HOF, including with members of the Human Resources department and IT staff if access to the information is necessary for the performance of their duties at HOF.
- Service providers and other third parties under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, email delivery, marketing communications, bill collection, payment processing and site analytics and operations).
- Government or law enforcement agencies in order to respond to lawful requests, including where disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
- Service providers and other third parties under contract who help with our business operations on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Our ultimate holding company, its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, and other companies under common control of our ultimate holding company.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, provide information on a social media site, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To offer you our products and services.
- To process your application for membership under any of our programs and maintaining and managing your membership.
- To provide you with rewards, vouchers or services under any of our programs.
- To handle and follow up with customer service calls, inquiries and complaints.
- To send you administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of our website and to respond to your inquiry or request;
- To perform research or statistical analysis in order to improve our goods and services and for sales and marketing purposes;
- To verify your identity and your eligibility to participate in our programs;
- To obtain statistics about users of our website to analyse site usage in order to help its further development;
- To provide you with a log-in ID for our website; and
- To make such disclosures as required by applicable law.
If you have opted-in to receive e-mail from HOF, we may send you periodic e-mails. Similarly, if you have opted-in to receive direct mail, we may send you periodic direct mail, such as catalogues. If you would no longer like to receive e-mail or direct mail from HOF, please refer to the “Your Choices” section below.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information and protect against loss, theft, or any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep such information confidential.
HOF has internal policies and controls in place in an effort to ensure that your information is not lost, stolen, accidentally destroyed, misused, copied, modified, or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties for HOF. Personal Information may be stored in a variety of different storage locations, including in HOF’s servers and IT systems (including HOF’s email system).
Where HOF engages third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, your Personal Information is provided to the third parties pursuant to written contracts, which obligate them to implement appropriate technical safeguards to maintain the security of the information in an effort to ensure that your Personal Information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed.
HOF retains Personal Information for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with HOF. For more information on where and how long your Personal Information is stored, and for more information on your rights with respect to your Personal Information collected by HOF under applicable law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will HOF Transfer My Personal Information Across Borders?
Do We Use “Cookies”?
Yes. “Cookies” are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance, we use “cookies” to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We also use “cookies” to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitor. These service providers are not permitted to sell the information collected on our behalf except to help HOF conduct and improve its business. The companies use “cookies” to gather anonymous data about our visitors on behalf of HOF. They do not collect Personal Information like e-mail, credit card number, phone number, or name.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a “cookie” is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer or Mozilla) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your “cookie” settings. If you turn off “cookies,” you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
Social Media Platforms
You can opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails by clicking on the “safe unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our e-mails. Alternatively, to modify or delete entirely the information you have provided during registration, including your e-mail subscriptions, please contact us at
email@example.com. Be sure to include your first and last name and e-mail address in the message box.
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication.
Please note, if you have opted-out to receive e-mail, due to production schedules you may receive communications already in progress. Also, if you request your registration information be deleted or you opt-out of other communications, we may maintain information about an individual service inquiry for future service and record keeping purposes.
You have a number of rights with respect to your Personal Information collected by HOF. These rights, subject to applicable law, include:
- Right to Know/Access:
- You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You have the right to request in writing from us a copy of the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that information, why we collected that information about you, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. To request a copy of such disclosure in a readily useable format, please contact HOF via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Rectification:
- You have the right to require HOF to update incorrect or incomplete Personal Information. To request rectification of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information, please contact HOF via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Deletion:
- You have the right to require HOF to delete or stop processing your Personal Information, for example where the information is no longer necessary for business purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information:
- You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. As noted above, HOF does not sell Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Object:
- You have the right to object to the collection, processing, and/or use of your Personal Information where HOF is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- Right to Non-Discrimination:
- HOF will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any questions relating to the information collected by HOF or to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Chief Privacy Officer
99 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110
What If You Do Not Provide Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide is being used for legitimate business interests. You are not obliged to provide the Personal Information as may be required by us. If you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your requests or provide you with our products and services or information, sales and marketing materials of our Business Partners (as defined below).
Children's Online Privacy
HOF understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about children under 14 years. We ask that children under the age of 14 years do not submit information to us without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 14 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 14 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
Online Policy Only
Changes to this Policy
Links to Other Websites
Questions and Comments
Last Updated: February 9, 2022
United States – California Residents
For residents of California: If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see the California Privacy Notice.
Sensitive Personal Information: Certain types of Personal Information we may process could be regarded as Sensitive Personal Information according to the applicable law. Under the Personal Information Protection Law of the People's Republic of China (“PIPL”), “Sensitive Personal Information” refers to Personal Information that, if leaked or illegally used, may easily result in the trampling of the personal dignity of natural persons or endanger personal or property security, including information on biometric identification, religious beliefs, specific identity, medical health, financial accounts, and personal whereabouts, among others, and Personal Information of minors under the age of fourteen. To the extent required under applicable law, we will obtain your separate consent for our processing of your sensitive Personal Information.
Legal Basis for Processing: Depending on our relationship with you, if required to do so, we will rely on one or more of the following legal grounds to process your Personal Information:
- Where you have given us consent to use your Personal Information for one or more permitted purposes;
- Where we need to process your Personal Information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where we need to process your Personal Information to execute or perform the contract, we are able to enter or have entered into with you;
- Where the processing is necessary to respond to public health emergencies or protect natural persons' life, health and property safety under emergency circumstances;
- Where the Personal Information that has been published by the individuals themselves or other Personal Information that has been legally published is processed within a reasonable scope in accordance with law; or
- under any other circumstance as provided by any law or regulation.
Who Will Your Personal Information Be Shared With and How We Share Your Personal Information: Where Personal Information is transferred to another jurisdiction outside mainland China, your Personal Information will be secured by appropriate safeguards as set forth under applicable law, including without limitation, where applicable by the use of the standard contract to be published by the supervisory authority for the transfer of Personal Information between HOF’s mainland China entity and the recipients in other jurisdictions. To the extent required under applicable law, we will obtain separate consent from you before the transfer of your Personal Information. If you would like to learn more about overseas data recipients of your Personal Information or third-party Personal Information processors who will process your Personal Information, please click here for more information.
Your Rights: In accordance with the terms of the applicable law, in addition to the rights to request access, correction and deletion of your Personal Information, and the rights to objection to the processing of your Personal Information as set out above, you also have the rights to request transfer of your Personal Information, withdrawal of your consent, restriction on the processing of your Personal Information, and cancellation of your account. You also have the right to request us to explain our Personal Information processing rules. Upon receiving a request to exercise any of the above rights from you, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission. We may request identification documentation from you to verify your identity. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a fee may be chargeable by us for complying with a data access request. In certain instances, applicable law may allow us legitimately and properly to refuse some of these requests; for instance, to comply with applicable legal obligations, to protect the legitimate rights of third parties or to preserve the confidentiality of management deliberations. If you have any questions or would like additional information about your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to relevant supervisory authorities or where applicable, file a lawsuit with the court in accordance with applicable law.
Direct Marketing: We may, from time to time, send you sales and marketing materials and information regarding the following products, services and/or businesses of ours or our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company (“Group Companies”) and independent commercial entities (together with Group Companies, the “Business Partners”), which may be located outside your jurisdiction:
- beauty salons;
- electronic goods;
- food & wine;
- entertainment, including cinemas, theme parks and karaokes;
- sportswear and apparel;
- personal care;
- real estate;
- fitness centres;
- shopping malls;
- ferry services; and
However, we will not use your Personal Information unless we have received your consent. Suitable measures are implemented to make available to you the option to "opt-out" or “opt-in” as required by applicable law of receiving such sales and marketing materials at the time you provide us with your Personal Information.
Please note that you can object to such use of your Personal Information at any time. If you do not want us to retain your Personal Information for this purpose, you should do so by choosing the "opt-out" option in the relevant membership subscription or registration form, or by choosing to unsubscribe from any marketing email we have sent to you, or by calling our Hotline at (+852) 2526 8649, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you wish to "opt-out".
With respect to the “Right to Object” under “Your Rights”, you shall have the right to object to the collection, processing, and/or use of your Personal Information for compliance with Taiwan laws.
Updated February 2022